This data/media safe is specifically designed to provide fire protection of your data and media. Just about any type of modern computer storage media will be protected to an extreme degree inside this safe, but it is primarily used to protect CDs, DVDs, hard drives, and flash drives. The inside temperature of this safe has been designed to stay below 125 degrees Fahrenheit even after the safe has been exposed to extreme heat at temperatures as high as 1,832 degrees Fahrenheit for a period of 1-hour. In addition, the safe passed a 30-foot drop test -- a test that simulates the safe falling to the ground from a second story as a result of a fire. This safe also provides excellent protection against water and humidity damage by virtue of an inner door gasket.
Features & Specifications
Dimensions, Cubic Capacity, & Weight
- 1-Hour fire protection for data / media products (CDs, USB, external hard drives, etc.).
- Keeps inside temperature below 125 degrees Fahrenheit when exposed to temperatures as high as 1832 degrees Fahrenheit for 1-hour.
- Passed a 30-foot drop test -- a test that simulates the safe falling to the ground from a second story as a result of a fire.
- Water and humidity resistant.
- One removable shelf.
- Easy-to-use digital keypad allows you to open lock in about seven seconds or change combination in about one minute.
- 5 user codes: 1 master code and 4 user codes.
- Code length: 1-8 digits.
- Powered by 4 standard "AA" batteries.
- Battery access panel is located next to keypad and is accessible even when safe is locked.
- Basic audit trail. Lock keeps sequential log of which user code was used to open safe.
- Bolt down capability: none (cannot be bolted down due to fire rating).
- Manufacturer / Warranty: Hollon / 1-year limited with after-fire lifetime guaranty.
* Add 1" to external depth to allow for projection of handle, lock, and hinges.