This full-featured, electronic safe is designed to protect documents and other valuables from fire and theft. Ideal for use in home and office applications, this safe has a UL 1-hour fire and impact rating, all-steel construction with no plastic body parts, and an advanced digital keypad with: (1) an audible tamper alarm (if the safe is attacked with a blunt object, a loud, audible alarm will sound), (2) a date- and time-stamped audit trail which lists which user accessed the safe and when they accessed it; and (3) a hidden manual override key lock for opening the safe in the event of a forgotten code. For additional security, this safe may be bolted to a floor. It comes with a predrilled anchor hole and anchoring hardware for this purpose.
Features & Specifications
Dimensions, Cubic Capacity, & Weight
- UL Classified Fire Protection - Approved and Tested under the requirements of Underwriter's Laboratories, this safe can withstand exposure to extreme temperatures of up to 1,825 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 Hour
- Impact Rated - Designed and tested to survive a 2 story fall. (test simulates collapse of a building, resulting in safe falling from second story due to fire)
- All Steel Construction - no plastic body parts (provides better reliability and longer lifespan).
- 3-3/4" thick door, consisting of a steel enclosure of fire-resistant material.
- 2-3/4" thick body, consisting of a steel enclosure of fire-resistant material.
- Heavy duty steel hinges.
- 4 massive 1-1/8" thick solid steel locking bolts.
- 2 additional dead bolts on hinge side. (prevents door from being removed even if hinges are removed.)
- Bolt coverage on all 4 sides of door.
- Predrilled anchor hole for bolting safe to floor. Anchor hardware included.
- Removable steel casters (wheels) make it easier to move the safe. (Note: The steel casters are removable. They can and should be removed prior to bolting the safe down.)
- Advanced Electronic Keypad - (a) large, easy-to-read illuminated LCD display; (b) date- and time-stamped audit trail showing which user opened the safe and when it was accessed; (c) 2 user code capacity; (d) 1-8 digits per code; (e) wrong code audible alarm (activated after 3 incorrect code entries); (f) audible tamper alarm (activated if safe is attacked with a hammer, etc.);(g) powered by 4 x "AAA" batteries; (h) auxiliary DC power supply box (provides emergency DC voltage to lock in the event of battery failure)
- Key override - allows you to open safe with a manual override key in the event of a forgotten code. (two keys are suppled)
- Interior key-locking drawer & adjustable shelf for storage convenience
- Includes: (1) safe; (2) emergency override keys; (1) anchor bolt; (1) auxiliary DC power supply; and (1) operating manual.
- Manufacturer / Warranty: Mesa / 1-year limited.
* Add 2" to external depth to allow for projection of handle, dial, and hinges.
** Includes interior drawer.